Prince Rupert Regiment M.G. Cap Badge, Mazeas M-167
Browning copper leaf with silver overlay.
Maker marked BIRKS.
Measures 42 mm tall by 42 mm wide.
The Prince Rupert Regiment (MG) was authorized as a Reserve Unit of the Canadian Army (Reserve), with localization at Prince Rupert, British Columbia, under the designation of the 1st (Reserve) Battalion, The Prince Rupert Regiment (M.G.), effective 29 October 1942. The regiment as a whole or in part, were never placed on 'Active Service', nor were they ever part of a Reserve Brigade Group. The regiment was disbanded effective 31 March 1946, having spent approx. 3½ years as a Reserve Unit of the Canadian Army (Reserve), located at Prince Rupert, British Columbia, as part of the 14th (Reserve) Infantry Brigade.