A brass other ranks shoulder title to the 11th Canadian Machine Gun Brigade (Mazeas S.11) Please note both lug fasteners crudely replaced. After assessing the success of the machine gun in WWI Canada’s Military leaders decided to add a machine gun component to the Canadian Army. In 1919 a small Regular Army unit the Permanent Canadian Machine Gun Corps was established this being granted the prefix ‘Royal’ in 1922, and twelve infantry regiments of non-permanent machine gun brigades were established. In addition three brigades of motor machine gun units were also formed. Each Machine Gun Brigade consisted of a headquarters plus three companies. (Squadron’s in the case of the MMGB), these not necessarily being located in one location. The RCMGC was disbanded in 1923 but the N.P.A.M. machine gunners continued to serve in the Militia the designation ‘Brigade’ being changed to ‘Battalion’ in 1928. Until new shoulder titles could be ordered the older pattern with numerical ‘Brigade’ designations were cut down and used until the new titles were manufactured. In December 1936 the Canadian Machine Gun Corps was disbanded and its component units disbanded or merged into various Militia Regiments Headquarters 11th Brigade CMGC was located at Victoria., B.C. In the 1936 reorganization of the Canadian Militia ‘A‘ Company amalgamated with the 2nd Battalion, Canadian Scottish Regiment. The other the companied being re-localized to the mainland. ‘H.Q.’ and ‘B’ Companies amalgamating with the British Columbia Hussars, ‘C’ Company with the Westminster Regiment.