Indian Army Coorg & Mysore Rifles Victorian Pugaree head-dress Badge
A fine scarce post 1884 die stamped white metal example. Large horned buffalo's head resting on a scroll inscribed "Coorg & Mysore Rifles".
Three loops to the reverse
The Coorg & Mysore Rifles were a volunteer corps based in the Coorg and Mysore regions in the south west of India and served under the Madras command. The unit was raised on 21st November 1884 from detachments of the near by Bangalore Rifle Volunteers being transferred to Coorg and Mysore in 1897. In 1917 they amalgamated with the Bangalore Rifles to become the 6th Bangalore Coorg & Mysore Battalion.