Browning copper cap badge to the 56th (Calgary) Battalion CEF (Babin E.56, Charlton 56-2)
Minor verdigris in the leaf stem.
The 56th (Calgary) Battalion was raised and mobilized at Calgary effective July 1st 1915. The battalion sailed for England March 23rd 1916 where it was absorbed into the 9th Reserve Battalion and used to reinforce Alberta battalions already serving at the Front. Being fully depleted of all ranks the battalion was disbanded effective September 15th 1917 under General Order 82 of 1918.