An other ranks gilding metal Busby badge to the 6th Fusiliers (Mazeas MM. 21)
The 6th Fusiliers were raised as the 6th Battalion Volunteer Militia Rifles with headquarters at Montreal January 31st 1862. Effective June 5th 1865 the designation altered to the 6th Battalion Volunteer Militia Rifles of Canada, or the (Hochelaga Light Infantry). In December 1875 the regiment was converted to a fusilier regiment under the designation 6th Battalion Hochelega Fusiliers but almost immediately in January 1876 renamed as the 6th Battalion Fusiliers. The regiment amalgamated with the 1st Battalion Prince of Wales Regiment May 24th 1898 as the Prince of Wales Regiment Fusiliers.