6th (St. George's) Middlesex Rifle Volunteer Corps Victorian OR's Helmet Plate circa 1881-92.
Good scarce die-stamped blackened brass crowned Maltese cross, lions between the arms, bearing circlet 'ST. GEORGE'S RIFLE VOLUNTEER CORPS'; St. George and the Dragon to voided centre.
Formed 14th January 1860 as 11th Mx RV in the Parish of St. George's, Westminster. Renumbered 6th Mx. RV in 1880 amalgamating with the 1st Mx RV in 1892 to become 1st Mx (Victoria & St. George's Rifles) RVC. Amalgamated with 19th Mx RV in 1908 to become 9th London Regt.