244th Battalion (Montreal, Kitchener's Own) Cap Badge
The 244th (Kitchener's Own) Battalion, CEF was a unit in the Canadian Expeditionary Force during the First World War. Based in Montreal, Quebec, the unit began recruiting in the spring of 1916 in Montreal and the surrounding district. After sailing to England in April 1917, the battalion was absorbed into the 23rd Reserve Battalion, CEF later that month. The 244th (Kitchener's Own) Battalion, CEF had one Officer Commanding: Lieut-Col. E. M. McRobie.
The 244th Battalion is perpetuated by the Victoria Rifles of Canada which is currently on the Supplementary Order of Battle.