A WW1 era large die-struck white metal badge with original pin fixing to the reverse.
Kings crown with the classic Punjabi Chinthe design to the centre.
In very good condition.
As worn by the pipers of the regiment, which was formed as the 90th Punjabis in 1903 and became 2nd Battalion 8th Punjab Regiment in 1922. In 1947, it was allocated to Pakistan Army, where it continues to exist as 2nd Battalion of The Baloch Regiment.
Approx 83 mm tall by 67 mm wide
Reference: Reginald Cox: Military Badges of The British Empire 1914-1918, Pg. 276, Fig # 2513