Bangalore Volunteer Rifles Field Service Cap Badge
Field service cap badge Cypher being BVR.
34 mm high
Two lug fittings to the reverse.
Excellent condition with very slight wear.
The Bangalore Rifle Volunteers was an auxiliary infantry unit raised on 31 November 1868. The Regiment served under the administrative control of the Madras Army of the Madras Presidency. On 21 November 1884, a number of detached companies of the unit were used to raise the Coorg and Mysore Rifle Corps. It eventually merged with the Coorg and Mysore Rifles on 1 April 1917 and was designated as the 6th Bangalore, Coorg and Mysore Battalion. It was again renamed as the Bangalore Battalion on 1st October 1920. The unit's motto was 'Defence not Defiance'.