The five-pointed silver-plated bronze star shows the figure of a Czechoslovak partisan moving and holding a Soviet-made PPSh-41 machine pistol (Pistolet-Pulemyot Shpagina). It is inscribed ‘ČS / PARTYZAN’ (Czechoslovak Partisan) on upper left with a wreath of oak and laurel around the rest of the circumference. The reverse has a screw post and back plate; it is about 50 x 50mm. The badge and pin were instituted on 9 August 1946 and made that same year by the Kremnica Mint (Mincovňa Kremnica) which is in Slovakia. The Badge is not marked by the Mint.